Charles Wolf and partner John Fox start City Furniture Company in downtown Altoona, PA
Charles Wolf buys out Fox's interest and begins construction on a five story building at 1501 11th Avenue called Wolf Furniture Company.It is the largest furniture store between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg.
Flu epidemic hits U.S. Over 250,000 people die including Charles Wolf, age 54. His widow, Annie C., mother of five, faces major responsibility including a substantial mortgage on the recently constructed building.
George A. and Herbert T. Wolf, oldest sons of the founder, develop a partnership that would last for fifty years.
Depression era spreads across the country. The Wolf brothers' adapt by offering an easy credit plan and affordable furniture. The business survives and begins expanding locations to industrial towns in Central PA.
In a period of twelve years, Wolf's opens ten new stores within a 100-mile radius of Altoona.
Employee picnic is held on August 7th, 1941 at Saint Francis College in Loretto, PA.
Company experiments with new approach to marketing to target a changing consumer. Wolf's opens Today's Living division and operates 27 stores in 3 states.
Wolf management team evaluates offer for sale of fourteen stores to national chain, NYSE Richmond based Heilig Meyers Company. Company retains three stores: Altoona and Johnstown, PA, and Frederick, MD.
New strategy headed by 4th generation management restarts company growth with buyout of Hi Way Furniture in Hagerstown, MD.
Wolf's re-enters Centre County market with buyout of Johnson Furniture location on Benner Pike.
Wolf acquires the first location east of Susquehanna river with the opening of 60,000 sq. ft., two story location off Interstate 283 in Swatara Township, Harrisburg. First Wolf store with escalator.
Doug Wolf becomes 8th President of Wolf's.
Wolf begins centennial year with January opening of 60,000 sq. ft. store in York, PA. A new 80,000 sq. ft. addition to Bellwood warehouse and distribution center provides company opportunity for additional expansion. Company commits to open a 60,000 sq. ft. store in September 2002 in Lancaster, PA.
Company volume exceeds $70,000,000 and puts Wolf's into Top 100 among U.S. home furnishing retailers.
Wolf's open two expanded locations, Frederick, MD and Hagerstown, MD.
Company growth dictates expansion of the corporate office and warehouse to enhance customer service and operations. The Johnstown location is renovated.
May 2007 Wolf Furniture in Bellefonte closed and in June, the fabulous new, 50,000 sq. ft., two-story showroom opened in State College.
Wolf Furniture purchases Doc Klunk's Furniture at 371 Eisenhower Drive in Hanover, PA. The store is completely remodeled and renovated to become a proud member of the Wolf Furniture family.
Wolf Furniture purchases Harmon's Furniture at 480 Gateway Avenue in Chambersburg, PA. The showroom is expanded and remodeled to become the first store in Franklin county.
Wolf Furniture continues to grow in Pennsylvania's capital region with the addition of the Mechanicsburg showroom on the Carlisle Pike.
Wolf Furniture expands into Northern Virginia with the addition of the Leesburg, VA showroom.
Long time Wolf exec. Gene Stoltz is promoted to President of Wolf Furniture Company. Gene is the second non-family member selected for this role in the 115 year company history.
Gene will serve as the 9th President of Wolfs. Gene will also serve as Chief Merchandising officer.
Wolf Furniture purchases 73-year-old, family owned Gardiners Furniture from Gary and Greg Mullaney. Wolf's is proud to welcome the five Baltimore, Maryland area showrooms to the Wolf family. The new Gardiner Wolf locations include Bel Air, Catonsville, Pasadena, Towson and Westminster.